Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's day butter cookies


Happy Valentine's day, people!! Much love and hugs first.

Anyways, on to the baking stuff. These are my thoughts about V-day baking and confections:
1. I think chocolate and valentine's day combination is slightly overrated. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but just not in the mood of having chocolate today.
2. Valentine's day cookies do not need to come in heart shape. But just for the sake of it, I put some red heart-shaped sugar ornaments (leftover from the cupcake project).

So, I made these simple butter cookies (you seriously only need few ingredients). Took a plate of these babies to the blue house (thought Hula and Nanna might need some cookies), there rest will go to my tummy! Haha kidding, Kim's tummy too.

Simple butter cookies (make 36 small cookies)

200 gr butter
150 gr sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
275 gr all-purpose flour

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg until mixed. With wooden spoon, mix in dry ingredients slowly until well combined.
2) I used cookie gun (sometimes is also called cookie press). Extrude dough through the cookie gun into greased cookie sheets, and decorate the top with heart-shaped sugar decoration (you can use any cookie sprinkles). Bake at 350F for 15-20 min, until edge is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment