Saturday, January 22, 2011

Honey Oats Yogurt Bread


This is a lean and wholesome bread, I created the original recipe many months ago while staring into my pantry thinking about what stuff I already have that I can turn into bread without going to the store. The bread turned out delicious and moist (I'm guessing it's the yogurt), so I scratch it down on a piece of old envelope and stick it inside my bread recipe book.

Fast forward to last night.... I did the exact same thing: staring into my pantry. But, this time I thought about the chicken scratch recipe! I had to make little modification to the original, since I only have some honey Greek yogurt in the fridge, but hey, it's even better, right?! Below is the recipe, it will make a small 1lb loaf.



Honey Oats Yogurt Bread
scant 1/2 c H2O
1 (5.3 oz) honey Greek yogurt
1-1/2 c bread flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/4 c wheat bran
2 tsp gluten
1 tsp salt
1-1/4 tsp SAF yeast

Knead and shape into round loaf. Let rise at room temperature for 1- to 2-hours. I sprayed the loaf with water, and sprinkled with more oats. Bake at 365F oven for 30-minutes. You know the loaf is done when it sounds hallow when tapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment